Grossmont Union High School District
Grossmont's High-Performance Infrastructure Delivers 21st-Century Educational Experience for Students & Faculty
(Audio podcast coming soon!)
With help from Nth Generation, Grossmont Union High School District provides its teachers and students a robust IT infrastructure that meets their needs today and in the future and ensures critical data is available as needed.
“Nth Generation continues to provide outstanding service and is able to provide us with multiple options on how to solve our business and IT problems. The combination of Nth Generation service and HP equipment is outstanding.” Bruce Nelson, Executive Director of Information Technology Services, Grossmont Union High School District.
Grossmont is implementing three major new systems (a new business, student, and a thin client computing resources system) that require increased performance and storage. Grossmont also wants to ensure business continuity for the critical applications and support systems required on a day-to-day basis including IP telephony, bell and announcement systems, HVAC and lighting.
* Update the district's data center with new servers and storage to support the three new systems’ requirements for performance and storage, as well as improve existing systems.
* Deploy a second, new, remote computer center that will act as a load balancing site and ensure business continuity of critical systems in the event of a disaster. Backups at each computer center will be de-duplicated and copied to the opposite center using CommVault software.
* Consolidate systems through virtualization to reduce power consumption, improve * management, application recovery, distribution of resources, and save money.
* Reduce maintenance support and system management costs where possible. Provide state-of-the-art resources and enhanced reliability to schools and the user community.
* Use Nth Generation’s extensive knowledge and expertise with HP to evaluate, develop and deploy solutions that will be a fit for Grossmont's technology requirements and budget.
* Update the District’s existing infrastructure and design a Disaster Recovery plan that creates a secondary computer center by having Nth Generation put together multiple different options for Grossmont to evaluate.
* The District uses Nth Generation’s highly skilled professional services to set up, install, configure and bring the new systems to life. “Nth Generation has tremendous knowledge whether we have questions about servers, storage, networking or management. Their approach is to plan the work and then carry out the plan, and they use excellent communications to keep us informed from design through deployment and implementation.” Bob Clay, Director of Technical Services, Grossmont.
* Moving to the HP EVA 4400 has improved performance by 100%.
* The new HP BladeSystems provide substantially faster application response times to users and simplify network and system management for IT staff.
Grossmont purchased a 5 year maintenance plan which will save $200K per year.
Customer solution at a glance
Nth Generation Services
* System design
* Consolidation Assessment
* Data Migration, System Implementation, Training
* HP ProLiant BL460 and BL490 BladeSystems
* HP EVA 4400 Storage, HP MSA Storage
* HP Insight Control
* Oracle Application Express
* Oracle Database
The Grossmont Union High School District provides education to students in grades 9-12 and is located in the eastern portion of San Diego County. The Grossmont Union High School District consists of nine comprehensive high schools, three charter schools, one continuation high school, two alternative education sites, four special education facilities, a middle college high school program, a Regional Occupational Program (ROP) and an adult education program. Over 24,000 students attend the District’s schools.
Interested in creating a 21st-Century IT infrastructure for your organization? Contact Nth Generation today at 800-548-1883 and learn how!